Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Alumni Profile: Caroline Holmes

Caroline Holmes, class of 2008, recalls her years at Marymount fondly. Holmes believes that Marymount gives students, like herself, “another chance to perform well and do all of the things that they are capable of doing."

Her favorite memory from Marymount was Dr. Zanca’s philosophy class, where she was presented a copy of On Truth, by Harry G. Frankfort, in recognition of an excellent job. Caroline says, “Professor Zanca probably didn’t know this at the time, but that was the first recognition of academic achievement I had received since grade school.” And from that moment, she saw her life change.
It is evident that Marymount encouraged Caroline to recharge her academic career and grow as an individual. After graduating from Marymount with an associate’s degree with a concentration in psychology, Holmes enrolled in USC, earning her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, summa cum laude. Participating in the Department of Psychology’s Honors Program, she worked with the Center for Research on Crime and wrote a thesis on youth gang prevention.
Following her graduation from USC, Caroline found herself across town, enrolling at UCLA’s School of Law in September of 2011. Since joining law school, she has had many opportunities, becoming the social chair of the Student Bar Association UCLA Chapter, and working as articles editor for the Dukeminier Awards Journal of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law.
Caroline says, “All of this, and I mean all of it, was possible because of Marymount, and I will always have a deep appreciation for the staff and teachers that work so hard to help students to achieve their full potential.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{urgentloan22@gmail.com} Thank you.

    ReplyDelete